20 October 2010

Spray Everything!

Soo...it seems to be coming into the time of year when co-workers are randomly absent due to illness. Today alone there are 3 people out of my office.

Instinct would be to carry around a bottle of this ....but that may be a bit extreme, don't you think?



My sister (who as of last night is also beginning to cough slightly) is a firm believer in Airborne.
She takes it at the slight tickle, sneeze, or ache. She also works in a school, which makes her more susceptible to the little germies that are contained in a building full of kiddos. I know when she is feeling a bit 'off' because I hear the plop-plop and the ensuing Fizzzzzzz.....


Me, I've taken the rout of a sort-of-daily cup of Yogi Immune Support (echinacea) tea. It's warm and cozy and hopefully supporting my immune function =o)


So...when the absences begin, when you feel the sniffles and sneezes and sore throats creeping in....what do YOU reach for? I'd love to hear about your preventatives, remedies,  and all!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am a total believer in Zicam zinc mouthspray...and hydrogen peroxide ear flushes. The kiddos and I started cold a few times last year...but never had to go to the Dr. Now...I totally want to try that tea!!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Proper hydration and rest are HUGE!!! The average adult should be getting 8 hrs of sleep/night and drinking 64oz water/day. I know a lot of people don't get either of those. It's amazing what our bodies can fight if taken care of appropriately (a proper diet--LOTS of fruit and veggies never hurts either!). :) Oh, and good hand washing! ;0)